Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

MRVED Business

Upcoming Meetings

March 17, 2015  Guidance Counselors
March 19, 2015  Social Workers
March 20, 2015  Title III Paraprofessionals
March 24, 2015  FACS (Willmar)
March 25, 2015  Superintendents' Council

Communication Briefings
The word pair "bring/take" confuses many writers.  Remember these guidelines and you will be sure to choose the right word:  When you go, you take, and when you come, you bring.

Wrong:  "When we go to lunch, I will bring a copy of the report."

Right:  "When we go to lunch, I will take my copy of the report."

Right:  "When I come to the restaurant, I will bring my copy of the report."

I don't think anyone would really know if you used the wrong word, especially when speaking, but thought I would share this little tip.  It does make sense.  I'm going to take this one to heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment