Pages

Friday, December 18, 2015

Book Recommendation

Book Recommendation
Over the summer I dove head-first into learning all I can about what it means to be an instructional coach.  The more and more I learn, the more my perception of instructional coaching has changed.  The purpose of an instructional coach, or any coach for that matter, is to get the "most" out of those they are working with.  I was looking for a step-by-step process as to how to do this.  I have seen many models presented and heard many different people talk about the process of coaching.  Despite the process, the one common theme is really how do I have a productive conversation with someone that can move them from point "A" to point "B"?  Which has in turn led me to your book recommendation this week.  I am currently reading Jim Knight's new book, Better Conversations.  Although, Mr. Knight is a legend in instructional coaching, this book offers much more than having better conversations with teachers; it really is about having better conversations in general.  Yes, the focus is instructional coaching, but the concepts in this book can be applied to any parts of your life, from your marriage, to colleagues, to your kids.  I highly recommend this quick read.



No comments:

Post a Comment